Red Bull Ice Crashers event that skirts the Cathedral of St. Paul — skaters actually go down a ramp atop the cathedral steps — are bringing cold-weather sports fans out to see the excitement of this daredevil extreme sport — and bringing folks into the cathedral itself. They’re likely coming to warm up first — it was 13 degrees out there when these photos were taken early Friday afternoon — but plenty of people are looking around as they do at this architectural beauty. Below, those steeples in the distance are the Church of the Assumption downtown. This photo was taken from the front doors of the cathedral. You can read more about the Red Bull Crashed Ice event here.
Thrills & chills at Cathedral of St. Paul
January 13, 2012
About Bob Zyskowski
Bob is the Client Products Manager for the Communications Office of the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis. A 40-year veteran of the Catholic Press, he is the former Associate Publisher of The Catholic Spirit. You can follow him on twitter or email him at email@example.com.
- Finally, flowers bloom! May 16, 2013
- From Hollywood to Zach May 10, 2013
- Snow bird May 8, 2013
- 8 Reasons why I’m Irked with Dr. Kermit Gosnell May 7, 2013
- It’s turkey time! April 29, 2013
- Up for walking a Twin Cities ‘pilgrimage’? March 26, 2012
- New words at Mass: How did it go at your parish? November 27, 2011
- The Greatest Gift I Was Ever Given July 18, 2011
- 9 Reasons Catholics Go to Mass November 29, 2011
- 6 Reasons Kids Do Best When Raised By Married Parents November 3, 2011
- sharon: Thank you for this article Kathy. I know you are ...
- angie: Thanks for putting my feelings into wonderful word...
- disqus_Nr2gi4BaIX: What a great article, Sharon. It's a treasure trov...
- Tracy Dougherty: Kathy, I am writing to tell you I am just back fr...
- YW Purnomosidhi Fable: Grace is amazing gift from God. We receive it and ...
Follow @catholichotdish on Twitter