Red Bull Ice Crashers event that skirts the Cathedral of St. Paul — skaters actually go down a ramp atop the cathedral steps — are bringing cold-weather sports fans out to see the excitement of this daredevil extreme sport — and bringing folks into the cathedral itself. They’re likely coming to warm up first — it was 13 degrees out there when these photos were taken early Friday afternoon — but plenty of people are looking around as they do at this architectural beauty. Below, those steeples in the distance are the Church of the Assumption downtown. This photo was taken from the front doors of the cathedral. You can read more about the Red Bull Crashed Ice event here.
Thrills & chills at Cathedral of St. Paul
January 13, 2012
About Bob Zyskowski
Bob is the Client Products Manager for the Communications Office of the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis. A 42-year veteran of the Catholic Press, he is the former Associate Publisher of The Catholic Spirit. You can follow him on twitter or email him at email@example.com.
- Latest St. Thomas-St. John’s clash not all football September 24, 2016
- New Hill-Murray stadium named for prayer September 15, 2016
- The Children of this World vs. the Children of the Light September 15, 2016
- Social Justice and Abortion September 12, 2016
- Mercy for miserable sinners September 7, 2016
- Our friend, Vinnie June 19, 2013
- Why no meat on Fridays in Lent? March 11, 2011
- Up for walking a Twin Cities ‘pilgrimage’? March 26, 2012
- Why and How to Pray for Deceased Loved Ones November 1, 2012
- Another chance to read — not see — ‘The Book Thief’ January 2, 2014
- Richard: Many people from current parents, alumni, and frie...
- firstname.lastname@example.org: Thanks Franciscan for nice wishes. The students at...
- email@example.com: New investigative headways are quickly changing th...
- firstname.lastname@example.org: New investigative headways are quickly changing th...
- Ian M. Cook: So fishing is now so easy with latest technology. ...
Follow @catholichotdish on Twitter