It’s been 2-years since we last re-designed The Catholic Spirit website – and you may be wondering why we did, considering the recent Catholic Press Association award we won for it. Behind the scenes however, there were some significant technical considerations that prompted the change, and it was also time for us to create a more modern design.
Here are just a few of the improvements you’ll find on the site:
- Increased use of social media and social networks. It’s no secret that social networks (e.g. FaceBook & Twitter) have revolutionized the web, and we want to make it easier for you to interact with our site in a way that is conducive to this new reality. You’ll find links to follow our social network presence and also share any article with a wide-range of social networks.
- Related Content. Using our ‘Topic Tags’ and ‘Related Articles’ links, you’ll be able to find more relevant content on the site.
- Better ‘readability.’ We’ve made it a focus to make the new site easier to read.
- Larger and more photographs and images.
- Optimized for smart-phones. Droid and iPhone visitors will see the website in a way better-suited to small screens.
- Read the current PRINT version on the web.
Change is difficult
We understand that not everyone enjoys change and some may not like the new changes we’ve made. We hope you’ll give it a try, and if you have suggestions on how we can improve the experience, feel free to send us an email at email@example.com.
Where can I find…?
All of our website content from September 2008 through September 2010 can now be found on the ‘old’ version of our website: http://archive.thecatholicspirit.com.
We use a custom search engine from Google to help you find articles on our website, but please be patient – it might take a couple days for the changes to take effect.
Looking for something from our print archives?
We’re glad you asked! Our website is a continual work-in-progress, and you can look forward to many new features on this site – and others – over the coming days and weeks. We just launched the MN Catholic Directory and we also have plans to this COMMUNITY site.
Lastly, if you’d like to stay current on changes at TheCatholicSpirit.com and all the local news and events in the Archdiocese of Saint Paul and Minneapolis, you can: