GOOD FRIDAY PRAYER VIGIL (Organized by Pro-Life Action Ministries)
April 6, 2012
9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
New Planned Parenthood Mega-Abortion Facility (near University Ave. & Vandalia St., Saint Paul, MN)
On Good Friday join us in prayer next to Minnesota’s highest volume abortuary at it’s new location. Fifteen area pastors will lead in scripture and prayer each half hour throughout the day. A life-sized cross will be our sign as we carry the cross of abortion. An area will be cordoned off for a family-safe day of prayer. More than 2,000 Christians joined in prayer throughout the day at each of the last three Good Friday Vigils at the old location. Help us double those numbers on April 6!
We are encouraging groups to arrange a bus of their own. All buses must be registered with our office to find out the logistics of the day. We have another off-site parking lot for these group buses. For more information or to register a bus, contact Stephanie at 651-771-1500 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Basic Things to Know:
- Remember, more than any other event we organize, the Good Friday Vigil is a day of prayer. Pro-Life Action Ministries will only bring one sign, a life-sized cross. And the only signs you need to bring are yourselves!
- We will have portable restrooms at the Vigil site. The street where we will be is closed to all traffic and our area will be surrounded by the police “bicycle” barricades. This will be as safe as ever for families.
- Bring sun screen and all you need for your children, including water, etc.
- Come ready to pray and be deeply moved by God.
Parking Information: (READ!)
- There will be no parking available anywhere near the Mega-Planned Parenthood on Good Friday. Please do not even drive into the area.
- We have arranged for parking at the University of St. Thomas at the St. Paul Seminary parking lots. You enter from Cretin Ave. at Grand Ave. Please follow the signs or the directions by our volunteers.
- Buses will shuttle everyone to and from the Good Friday Prayer Vigil site. These buses will run the entire day from 8:00 am until our closing at 4:00 pm. There will be room for light strollers and everyone attending. If you are planning on being on site for the Opening Prayer, try to arrive as close to 8:00 am as possible. Also remember that the Vigil lasts all day and coming later in the Vigil has great advantages with parking and shuttles.
- For a map to parking and more information: http://www.plam.org/brochures/GFVIGIL2012.pdf
- Opening Prayer–Most Reverend John Nienstedt, Archbishop of the Archdiocese of Saint Paul and Minneapolis
- 9:30–Reverend Roger Barcus, Pastor of St. Paul Apostolic Temple, St. Paul
- 10:00–Most Reverend Lee Pichè, Auxiliary Bishop of the Archdiocese of Saint Paul and Minneapolis
- 10:30–Reverend Kenneth Krause, Outreach Pastor of Bethany Church, Bloomington
- 11:00–Reverend Robert Grabner, Associate Pastor of St. Augustine/Holy Trinity, South Saint Paul
- 11:30–Reverend David Johnson, Pastor of Elk River Evangelical Free Church, Elk River
- 12:00–Reverend Michael Becker, Rector of St. John Vianney Seminary, St. Paul
- 12:30–Reverend Randal Kasel, Pastor of the Churches of St. Paul and St. Michael, Zumbrota and Pine Island
- 1:00–Reverand Larry Trawick, Associate Pastor Evangelist Crusaders Church, Minneapolis
- 1:30–Reverend Humberto Palimino, Pastor Church of Saint Mark, St. Paul
- 2:00–Reverend Leo Reck, Pastor of Word of Grace Baptist Church, Minneapolis
- 2:30–Reverend Billy Russell, Pastor of Greater Friendship Missionary Baptist Church, Minneapolis
- 3:00–Reverend Scott Carl, Associate Professor of Theology at Saint Paul Seminary, Saint Paul
- 3:30–Reverend Fred Thoni, Pastor of Elmwood Evangelical Free Church, St. Anthony Village
- 3:45–Reverend Brian Lother, Pastor of Hope Community Church, Corcoran