1. All of us will have to pay for women’s contraception
- On August 1, The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) mandated that insurance plans cover contraception. (National Catholic Bioethics Center)
- HHS was in such a hurry to mandate free contraception that they WAIVED the standard two-month delay that would have allowed for people’s objections.
- Why did they do this? Because school starts in August for some girls. Read more here. (www.cardinalnewmansociety.org)
- Some sects are covered by a “religious conscience” exemption, not because they may be opposed to contraception or abortion, but because they object to insurance, and this allows them to opt out of the mandate (Watertown Daily Times).
- That’s why Cardinal DiNardo and the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) want Congress to approve the Respect for Rights of Conscience Act. Read the news release here.
- Contact HHS here by September 30 and let them know that conscience should be protected!
- Plan B–Which prevents implantation of an embryo
- Ella–Which can destroy an embryo after it’s implanted (Family Research Council) Both of these drugs destroy life, they do not embrace it!